Monday, December 20, 2010

Office crafts: Paper snowflakes!

 Okay, so not REALLY a project, but this is essentially what I did all day last Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know if you can tell, but I was kind of bored.


I used this pattern and a lot of tape.


Eventually I stopped printing out the pattern and started reproducing it on envelopes. The one sided patterns gave a nice, subtle bit of detail to the final product.  


I really like reusing envelopes as patterned paper.  I work at an office so we get a lot of mail, and the insides of them vary a lot both in color and in pattern. I've used them in collages before and I've got some other project ideas floating around that I hope to use them for.

 

Of course, this tends to mean I look a bit crazy as I leave my office place clutching a bunch of empty envelopes, but at this point I'm beyond shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment