Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 2!

Knitting: It happened. Added about 1 to 2 inches to my hat, and I'm nearly ready to switch to ball #2 of yarn.

Pendant lamp: Bought balloons, which appear to be round but perhaps not big enough? Arghhh

Bow tie: This is a new project- I am making a friend of mine several bow ties for Christmas. I have a lot of different fabrics I could possibly use, but this will probably mean a trip to the fabric store at some point. I got around to printing out the template today.

ETA: After I posted this I was able to work on a frankly intimidating project- that is, cleaning my room. I am attempting to take my somewhat limited space, fit all of my stuff in it (stuff that once filled an entire apartment) and leave room for a designated craft desk. This is going to involve a lot of organizing and throwing away and, in all likelihood, drinking.

Tonight I had a nice amaretto and coke, dragged a friend over for company, popped in Simon Amstell's new stand up DVD and proceeded to unpack my library. Now I have a well organized bookshelf, only one box of books I don't know what to do with (as opposed to four of them), and a functional laundry basket (which also used to be occupied by books). Overall, I'm optimistic about this eventually coming together, though a bit worried about the future state of my liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment