Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Casualty Occurs

Whilst watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother and knitting I somehow stepped on one of my bamboo needles and it snapped. (Good luck figuring how I stepped on them whilst sitting down.) Hopefully I have a shorter size 8 needle lurking around my house some where, but I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and go needle shopping tomorrow.


Rest In Peace, Size 8 Clover Takumi Bamboo Knitting Needles

You served valiantly


---


ETA: I was using a set of 10" needles for The Scarf (dun dun dunnnn) so I've commandeered one of the needles from that for use with my hat. Its a bit awkward as the other hat needle is 14" long. Perhaps this will teach me that I need to stop falling for the temptation that is cheap bamboo needles and invest in metal. On the bright side, this gave me an excuse to obsessively document my needles on Ravelry.

Also, the hat so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment